I never thought of brushing teeth could be an occasion to family bonding session.
Okay kids, instead of having breakfast together early in the morning. Let’s brush our teeth together while listening to some metal songs!
Great tips anyway! Totally worth sharing!
Do you remember the ol’ tricks of putting water on the bristles and heading to school un-brushed?
I certainly do! And that’s why I shared this Huffington Post article and corresponding YouTube video to offer you and your family5 tips to make toothbrushing a fun and family affair!
And be sure to share your tips about how you make toothbrushing a blast!
© 2017 Mirissa D. Price: A Dental Student, A Writer, A Journey to Share.
Adakah kau lihat itu,
Urat membiru menatang langit,
Kulit kering kudrat tua,
Dengan peluh membasah bumi,
Apakah kau tidak melihat,
Tulang terketar menahan diri,
Makin gopoh berjalan,
Apatah lagi berlari,
Adakah hati kau membatu,
Tanpa kasihan menghulur tangan,
Tanpa segan kau sorokkan,
Mengalih pandangan mencari alasan,
Jangan membisu lesu,
Lakonan kau senipis tisu,
Mereka bukan drama,
Yang kau sensasikan,
Sudah cukuplah wahai anak,
Tidak pernah kau disesalkan,
Oleh kasih sayang mereka,
Kecuali kau yang tidak mengenang budi.
Do you see,
Bluish veins holding the sky,
Withering skin with old strength,
With sweats watering the earth,
Did you not see,
Without mercy to give hands,
Without shame you hide them,
Turn away with reasons,
Do not be sluggishly speechless,
Your act thinner than the paper,
They are not a drama,
For you to be thrilled with,
Enough is enough dear child,
Far from regret in having you,
Overcame by their love to you,
Unless you are one being ungrateful.
Pretty rare for me to write something in Bahasa. It is midnight and suddenly I have the urge to write one. The weird thing is, I wrote it in a short time and I even include the translation in English too.
Mostly I got the inspiration by listening to this song. Humood – Lughat Al’Aalam. An Arabic song about mother. It comes with translation too. I warned you that… Ninja might be cutting onions somewhere.
We are slowly moving towards April and I am not being really productive lately. *ahem*
I was nominated for The Versatile Award by these three amazing, wonderful and lovely bloggers!
- Display the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blog.
To be honest, I really enjoyed reading their 7 facts. I think this is the whole point of this award isn’t it? Getting to know other bloggers!
Before I’m telling facts about myself, do check out my previous mentioned facts about me here: The Versatile Blogger Award (2016)
Seven Facts About Ally L. Mare
- I prefer bread over rice even though I am raised in a ‘rice country’.
- I’m not fond of horror movies.
- I have a younger sister BUT we have 20 years gap!
- I enjoy romantic comedy movies.
- I can knit bracelet.
- I have already published two Poetry Ebook! Have you guys read it? It’s FREE!
- I have a habit of… spontaneous singing.
- Little Helper – Thoughts In Life
- Jamie – Don’t Give A Jam
- Jade – Jade M. Wong
- Lupa08 – The Romantic Quill
- Cory – Cory Melancon
- Ruchita – These Violets Are Not Dead
- Sithara – Musings Of A Mellow Mind
- Mirissa – A Dental Student, A Writer, A Journey To Share
- Mae – Melancholy
- Coffee In Style – Explore, learn, share life experiences and adventures
I wish everyone would have a great day ahead! I leave you guys a lovely song that I can’t just let it go out of my head! Enjoy!
Good day fellow friends!
Write Ally! Write! is officially a year old today!
At first, I had it wrong. I thought the date was supposed to be on the 14th of March because of my first post. However, it was on the 12th March which is today.
The first thing I did when I received the notification from WordPress was sitting down and stared the sky (ceiling to be precise). A year ago, everything was just an idea. The idea came after I’m getting bored of my previous job and the urge to write more.
I have other blogs at that time that focused on translating service, sharing social media news and a story blog in Bahasa Malaysia (is still there and I don’t want to delete it because I wrote a lot!).
Then, I decided to focus on poetry. As I am completing this sentence, I remembered that I still have another blog dated in 2009. Most of my freaking posts are still there! I am now totally embarrassed. However! I have this idea of bringing some of the poems I wrote back then in here (but maybe it is best to leave it there. I wrote lengthy poems too).
Some quick info:-
My first post: It is morning and bright
My first follower (besides myself): https://tishowthelightgetsin.wordpress.com/ (Somehow protected)
My first comment: https://writeallywrite.wordpress.com/2016/03/15/good-sleep/comment-page-1/#comment-1
My current followers: 855
My total posts: 494
My total views: 16846
My total visitors: 6290
I slowed down on blogging starting from May 2016. I do not want to remember how I waste my time for five months. I started being active again in November. The number after that constantly rising and get me more than 1000 visitors monthly! Small to some but big for me! There are a thousand readers from across the world reading my poems! I am grateful!
Those are just numbers. Do you want to know what is more precious?
The connection we have as fellow bloggers! I able to be friends with amazing people, young and older! I get to read amazing posts a lot! I got inspired by lovely and supportive motivational posts! Not to mention the amazing awards!
Another achievement would be the self-published poetry e-books! The first one It’s All About You and the freshly released on 8th March, Ally And The Daily Prompt (I’m sure there will be book two, three and so on for this one!).
You can download it here for free: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/allylmare
I hope everyone enjoyed my poems and my books. I am seriously happy to share them!
However, I need help from you guys. I need feedback and dire of feedback! If you find my poems are cool, let me know! If you find my poems are lame and pathetic, let me know as well! I want to take this blog and passion to the next level! I really do!
I have two books under construction right now, one would be the ‘They Said That…’ and another one is ‘Ally’s Book of Motivation!’. I’ll share one from the latter one.
“If you love writing, don’t find a reason to keep you away from it. Find excuses to write more.”
Ally Mare, Feb ’17
I think that is all for now! I wish all of you have a great and amazing day!
I just published my new poetry e-book! I did try my best to make it neat as possible compared to the previous one. I believe I did some improvement except that pesky formatting on the epub version. Still, I’m proud to say… I did quite well!
Some of you may still remember the tease I did before… It is not this one! This one was supposed to be my third project but… I had problems with the second project and decided to put it on hold and… Woosh! I present you this instead!
For those who enjoy my daily prompt posts, I made things easier! I have compiled them in one book so you can read them easier! It’s free so don’t wait!
Exploring the possibilities through different approach and angles in completing the daily prompt. With 57 prompts come 57 poems compiled in this book, expect to find romance, humor, silliness, craziness, stupidity and brutality inside.
If you find it enjoyable, help me by sharing it with everyone else! I would appreciate it a lot! I hope everyone have a nice and amazing day! Don’t forget to join me on my One Litre of Tears marathon on 9th March! Another six hours and I’ll be doing some live twitting in Twitter! Follow me at Twitter!
Welcome to the month of March! Any good plan coming?
1. Introduce yourself as if you really want me to know you and you know I wouldn’t judge even if you say your secret crush is Hitler
Just introduce yourself in five words.
– A currently jobless guy with two years experience as Corporate Service Officer in a rising property development company and two years experience as a Content Editor in the biggest IT company in South East Asia. Now, a blogger, a writer and a poet. That is my pitch whenever I apply for a job at Jobstreet.
2. If you never have to work and never have to worry about money anymore, what will you do?
– Somehow this is my current situation except for the money. I will most likely blog more, write more, eat more, cook more, series binge-ing more, movies everyday and travel of course.
3. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
– Not really sure on the craziest thing because I usually the one that followed the rules. Maybe it was this one time when I hang out with my friends from the evening and came home at dawn and straight to work without sleeping. It was hell and I am not proud of it.
4. Favourite movie of all time and why so?
– My favorite movie? Out of all the movies I watched? This is hard. I’ll approach this by genre and I’d go for romance. The Notebook is my favorite.
5. Share with me your quirky-est nickname and how did you get that?
– My quirkiest nickname would be Mr. Lifeless. I got it when I was in college and because of my unenthusiastic reading and expression in class, my lecturer dubbed me with that nickname. Soon, the whole class has their own nickname.
6. What is your greatest weakness?
– My greatest weakness would be my own personality. I am a ISFJ-A which most likely too altruistic and can be quite conventional sometimes.
7. What is your greatest strength?
– My greatest strength as stated would be super supportive, reliable and patient. The personality test was a nail on so I’d go with that.
8. What is your best childhood memory?
– My best childhood memory would be getting my first video game console. It was silly how I get it actually. Haha.
9. If you can only keep five possessions, what would that be?
– Actually, I’m not sure what I want to keep. Can good family be considered as possessions?
10. What is the biggest character turn-off for you?
– Toxic character. I had my experience and it is definitely something not worth remembering.
11. If you could have any superpower, what power would it be and why? – it must be skills, not something like time-travelling or immortality.
– That would be a fast runner like Quicksilver in X-Men.
I hope everyone will have a good weekend! Until next time!
Will you answer me,
And do not leave me be,
I am now consumed,
If I tell I am doomed,
It is just curiosity,
Driving me to insanity,
Is it not normal to doubt,
Of your true existence about.
March finally came knocking on our door and wanting some attention. How do you guys usually welcomed March?
After all these years, March has been different for me. I have a tradition in March. A tradition that I believed, I have shared last year in this blog.
It is all started in… Geez, I can’t remember which year to be exact… It was 2011 if I’m not mistaken. At 9th March 2011, I began a tradition for myself that I would be running a marathon on watching One Litre Of Tears the tv series. 11 hours of marathon from episode 1 to episode 11. I do not include the special movie came afterward. I’m talking about the original tv series. After that, I’ve been doing this ever since.
If you guys are wondering why I did this marathon and what the tv series is all about. You can find the post here.
I’m beginning my countdown this year by accompanying each day with a poem dedicated to the tv series. It will be under separate title.
Have you guys watched this tv series? Will you guys be joining me?
Hi everyone! How are you?
How things been going for you guys?
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
I would like to thank CravenWild @ wildfiremovies for nominating me! I’m sorry about the delay of this one.
When it comes to movie, you should find her. Her blog is dedicated for movies and she is also an award winning filmmaker and screenwriter! She has a great fashion sense too!
1. How long have you been blogging, and what made you get started in the first place?
– I actually started blogging since 2009. It was blogspot back then. As maybe for everyone around that time, I blogged because I want to express something and the blog ended up like a personal diary. In the end, I decided to delete the blog.
2. Say that you could interview someone on your blog, who would it be and why?
– I would like to interview Mr. Garth Nix. He is the reason I enjoyed fantasy books. I have tons of question for him.
3. What is your favorite movie or book of all time?
– My favorite book of all time would be Pride And Prejudice. Yep… Jane Austen!
4. Do you own any special movie or book or other merchandise? A special item that you can’t live without? If so, what is the thing that you like the most in your collection?
– Come to think of it. I actually don’t.
5. Is there anything you would like to do someday, but just have not yet been able to accomplish ?
– Skydiving! At least once in my lifetime, I want to try it.
6. What is the post you are most proud of, and why is that?
– I’m proud with all my posts. 😀
7. Has there ever been a post on your blog that you have regretted writing? If so, why is that?
– I don’t think I have.
8. Why did you get interested in your chosen subject?
– I’m not sure which subject is this. If it is about poetry… I’ll answer this with a post later! 😀
9. Do you have any goals that you would like to ultimately achieve with your blog?
– Ultimately, honestly speaking, I want to be famously known a poet and I’ll ride with my blog.
10. If you could have one famous person from history over to your house for dinner, who would it be and why?
– Prophet Muhammad pbuh. We all have someone we love and adore so much even though we never met them in real life. Not even in the same era.
11. What was the worst movie, book or product that you have ever seen, read or used?
– Worst movie I regretted so much watching would be Assassin Creed. It feels so wrong to like it in any aspect!
- Words And Tonic
- Will you be volunteering for any Mars expedition program?
- Are you an adventurous person?
- Are you interested in travelling around the world?
- On the scale 1 – 10, how high is your curiosity level?
- How do you deal with disappointment?
- Do you think you are the patience type?
- Are you the one who usually wait for others or others wait for you?
- Do you have your own favorite stars (in the sky)?
- Have you ever feel that you are doing something but you think that it is a waste of time?
- What do you think will happen in the year 2100?
- Do you have something that you know it is old and worn but do not want to replace it?
I hope everyone has a good day! Until next time!